That pure Cane Spirit since 1848.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

I feel a lecture coming on, this is all Gorilla Bananas’ fault.

There is every possibility, fingers crossed, that I might be sent back out to Namibia. Hurrah! Some things need Maroon.

Namibia is the most beautiful country in the world. Until 1990 it was run by racists.


As a scientist, a real one, I don’t believe in the existence of race.
Its existence has not been proved.

I have always been doubtful over the question of race. I mean literally, not in some PC way. The germans couldn’t define it physically during the last war. They had a department of racial purity specifically for this purpose, and even when they were measuring people’s heads and features with callipers and verniers all they found was “a range“. Fascinating. Racists also try and assign character traits to the various peoples of the world. These have just never, ever, held water, always falling at the first cursory examination.

When I see new neighbours moving in, I immediately judge them, I can’t help it. I do this by the quality of their furniture, their clothes, the number of them, their type of car, are they overtly religious, any kids, dogs, cats, caged birds? Even, I’m not ashamed to say, the quality of the removal firm. I do it because I’m a dreadful snob. There.
I am aware that it’s prejudice, I’m not stupid.
But luckily one’s prejudices are easily changed, they’re quite transitory.

Racists espouse a philosophy on genes. No matter what they say, you get very little from genes, eye colour, earlobes, ginger hair (poor bastards), that’s it. Genetics tells us we are human, not halibuts, and not much more*.
………………………………................................................
We apologise for the break in transmission, this is due to an achohol problem beyond our control. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible. Until then, here’s some music….no, not the fucking Wagner!!

*It can show propensity among individuals and families to genetic illnesses such as Huntingdon’s, Parkinson’s, etc., don’t pick up the red herring of sickle cell, you don’t know what you’re fucking talking about.


No comments: